- ago
Software page loads normally but upon clicking the download button keep getting this error:


Tried multiple times. Used different browsers. Same.

Never seen it before.
What to do?
0
1,817
Solved
11 Replies

Reply

Bookmark

Sort
Glitch8
 ( 14.35% )
- ago
#1
Please give it a try again, clearing browser cache if you see the same result.
0
- ago
#2
Tried again... downloaded successfully 👍
--------------------------------------------

BTW, the Extensions are downloading with an extra suffix <.xlsx> appended e.g. Data Extensions d/l as WL8DataExtensionsB6.exe.xlsx. You may wish to check it out.
0
Glitch8
 ( 14.35% )
- ago
#3
I checked it out, but this isn't happening for me.

0
- ago
#4
QUOTE:
BTW, the Extensions are downloading with an extra suffix <.xlsx> appended e.g. Data Extensions d/l as WL8DataExtensionsB6.exe.xlsx. You may wish to check it out.

Presumably this issue is related to combination of Win10 + Chrome browser + and MS Office configuration.
0
- ago
#5
On further analysis it seems the extra suffix is appended when using Firefox


but *not* when using Edge


Very strange.
Guess I'll have to troubleshoot this on my own.
0
- ago
#6
My Firefox on a fresh new installation of Windows 10 is affected by the same issue. Never did I experience this in the past.



From what I read, it may be a bug on our server delivering content with the wrong MIME file type:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1558251
https://superuser.com/questions/227100/firefox-appending-xls-extension-to-xlsx-files
0
- ago
#7
Seems to be a FF bug:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=698265

As far as I can see, they fixed it with the latest version of FF.
0
Best Answer
- ago
#8
I've just upgraded to FF 102.0.1 and this does not solve it for me. :/

BTW, the RDF file with MIME types mentioned in the Bugzilla issue #698265 couldn't be found on my system - must be that the FF team got rid of it many releases ago.
0
- ago
#9
I've yet to figure out why this force-download bit concerns exactly the file type XLSX but here's a workaround for @Sammy_G. You have to change the "XLSX force-download" entry's type in Firefox's preferences from "Save file" to "Always ask" like this:

0
- ago
#10
[P.S. All links provided above are years-old.]
The Ff bug only appeared after I updated to v102.0, never saw it before. While I've updated to the latest v102.0.1 its still there. Hopefully Mozilla will fix it soon.

@Eugene:
I changed my Ff settings as you advised and while it does Ask (instead of d/l automatically) the .xlsx still gets appended. But thanks for the tip!
---------------------------------

The .xlsx is not a big issue - it can easily be deleted after d/l a file - but still wish it wasn't there.
0
- ago
#11
QUOTE:
The Ff bug only appeared after I updated to v102.0, never saw it before.

Same with me.

QUOTE:
I changed my Ff settings as you advised and while it does Ask (instead of d/l automatically) the .xlsx still gets appended.

Not appended anymore for me. Not sure why.🤷‍♂️
0

Reply

Bookmark

Sort