CandleStick Genetic Evolver
The CandleStick Genetic Evolver package includes a new Building Block Condition that lets you add Japanese candlestick pattern detection into your Strategy logic. All of the classical bullish, bearish, and neutral candlestick patterns are included. For users of Wealth-Lab, this package includes a powerful extension called the Candlestick Genetic Evolver. This extension uses a genetic algorithm to generate brand new, profitable candlestick patterns from your historical data. You can take the patterns that the Evolver generates and add them to your candlestick pattern library, for use in the supplied Building Block Condition.
- Rebuild required for some changes to the Genetic Evolver.
- Documented Candle Codes.
- Fixed issue saving and loading Building Block Strategies using the Candlestick Condition.
- Enumerated type name fix.
- Initial WL8 release.
- Added Candlestick Strategy Gene for Strategy Genetic Evolver.
- Changes to adapt to WL7 framework changes in Build 42.
- Building Block description cleanup.
- Change to adapt to some assembly reference changes in WL7.
- Added Heikin-Ashi Condition Block.
- Added Heikin-Ashi Candle Gene.
- You can now view the roster of Candle Genes, and selectively enable or disable them.
- Condition Blocks fixed to work with Qualifiers.
- Standardize on Open to N-Bar Open Percentage Return calculation.
- Build required to interface with some new charting changes in WL7 Build 28.
- Candlestick Preferences are now integrated into the Preferences tool.
- Sort order is now retained when list results are copied to clipboard.
- Optimization, only patterns selected for plotting are generated in Event Provider.
- Removed the TrendDetector indicator, uses the new, superior TrendMeter indicator from WealthLab.Indicators instead.
- Added Scale control.
- Added multi-column sort support.
- Added CandleRangeFactor, CandleBodyFactor, and CandleShadowFactor indicators that return the range (height) of the bar, body, and upper/lower shadows compared to the most recent values.
- Improve long and short range and body detection mechanism. The new calculations use the above indicators to ensure accurate classification throughout various markets and time scales.
- Added a Preferences tab so you can configure candlestick calculation settings.
- For code based settings control, added a CandleSettingsManager static class.
- Integrated CandleMethods, CandleSettingsManager, and CandleGeneDecoder into the QuickRef.
- Added Bullish Hammer and Bearish Hanging Man patterns.
- Added new CandleGene, Trend, to specify up, down, or neutral trends in the market.
- Added new indicator, TrendDetector, which is used by the Trend CandleGene.
- Baseline release.